Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|Pre-Alpha Build 11|
Core game changes
- New difficulty settings:
- "We've Come to the End of Our Time": The core experience. You only have one life. Good luck!
- "Wakey Wakey": You'll wake up in a shelter after you die, minus some of your belongings.
- Added tutorial elements: Some tips and quests have been added to help guide new players as to what to do.
- New foliage: The quality of our flowers and foliage should be substantially better, without affecting performance. Some flowers added to garden district houses.
- Denser world: We've done some work to reduce the island size, and increase the density of interactable buildings on each island.
- Wastrel female variants: Like the Wellies, female Wastrels now have their appearance randomized to an extent.
- The player menu no longer pauses the game and is no longer fullscreen, instead showing some of the game world in the background.
- Usable items are no longer restricted to use out of combat, however most have animations that can be interrupted in combat.
- Equipment can now be changed in combat but equipping has a slight delay that also can be interrupted in combat.
- Journal screen enabled: The journal allows you to keep track of storylines, encounters and objectives in the game, both big and small.
- Alt-tabbing now pauses the game. (This behaviour can be changed using the "Pause In Background" setting in the graphics options.)
- Loot distribution: The loot tables have been rearranged in an attempt to make them a bit more predictable.
- Crafting recipe adjustments: Crafting has also been updated and with new components and recipes.
- Many recipes now start locked: Unlocking recipes ususally involves finding its ingredients or interacting with particular encounters in the game world.
- We have reduced the world size, to help improve performance.
- We have implemented the Wwise audio engine which gives us a huge range of tools to improve the audio experience.
- Integrated Unreal Engine 4.10 for better engine features and stability. Unfortunately, this also requires a significant rebuild and thus redownload of many game assets.
- Islands will occasionally spawn without connecting bridges. This is a side effect of creating better controls for which bridges spawn where, and will take some time to fix - likely our next update. In the meantime, we suggest using the ghost console command to get to isolated islands.
- Filler buildings occasionally have a nasty habit of appearing in the middle of the road. We are also looking into this.
- Rare crash when returning to the main menu from the game. Saving still occurs normally when using "Save and Exit", so no progression should be lost in this fashion.