|Pre-Alpha Build 8|
- The world has been reverted to its 5 island scheme.
- The Joy Detector has been updated with new sounds to help indicate its current state.
- Added new animations and behaviours for Wellies, including:
- Wellies now actually watch mounted TVs during Uncle Jack broadcasts.
- Wellies now ride the toy car and Vespa in the park. (And you can too!)
- Wellies play patty cake. Finally!
- Encounters should now spawn in the right biomes.
- (No more Wastrel dinner parties going unheeded in the Village!)
- AIs have remembered how to open doors.
- Added personal safes ("stash") to shelters:
- The stash is a new special container whose contents are shared across all shelters.
- Crafting materials in the stash will be taken into account and spent while crafting items.
- Water storage: Canteens and bottles have been reworked to be more logical, as have recipes previously involving these items
- Two new random encounters:
- Bobby Investigation: Bobbies inspecting a sordid crime scene.
- Welly Barbecue: Wellies frolicking in the sun!
- The Multi-Tool and Advanced Electro-Lock Shocker have been upgraded to be reusable on any door/safe/locker.
- Sleeping now affects stats, depleting hunger and thirst as well as restoring a small amount of health.
- Joy pill dosages have been changed
- Fall damage is now based on distance travelled instead of velocity.
- Changed AI perception range and hostility persistence.
- AI dodge chance now depends on distance from the attacker as well as the type of weapon wielded.
- Raw meat and salt have been removed from the game.
- Added lots of new lines and responses for the playable character.
- Added additional Wellie and Wastrel greetings.
- Added various new gameplay sounds and several ambient sounds.
- Added ocean ambient sounds audible based on the distance of the player to the edge of the map.
- Hotfix CL11915: Reduced frequency of ambient player character speech.
- In-combat inventory restrictions implemented:
- Prevent using unequipped items while in combat.
- Prevent changing equipment while in combat.
- Prevent crafting items while in combat.
- Added setting to change controller or mouse sensitivity.
- Save games from older versions are now detected and present a warning when loaded that they might not work properly.
- Changed the container loot grid to be displayed on the right hand side, taking over the equipment slots.
- Crafting will no longer attempt to use currently equipped items.
- Added keybinds for sprint toggle and walk toggle.
- Added keybinds for quick loot actions "Loot All" and "Dismiss Loot".
- Allow controller to split stacks when dragging items (hold RT/LT to split one or half before dropping item).
- Properly detect controllers beyond the first (indicated by quadrants 2-4 on Xbox 360 controllers).
- Fixed multiple crashes.
- Fixed the crash reporter for Windows 10.
- Minor revision of world generation algorithm - should see a slight improvement in performance in-game.
- The game now pauses while the world is generating. Hurray! Everyone starts at the same time.
- Hotfix CL11915: Fixed crash that would occur on reopening inventory after closing with the stash grid focused.
- Hotfix CL11915: Fixed crash that would occur randomly when game actors became inactive.
- Hotfix CL11915: Removed an assert that prevented the game from running on single core systems (a multiple core remains strongly recommended)
- Hotfix CL11915: Tentative improvement of core detection on AMD CPUs.
- Hotfix CL11915: Fixed crash that would occur when the game engine exits before loading the main menu.