- We have a shiny new main menu. No more will you suffer the stock Unreal menu with all of its click-related annoyances. Some of you may recognise that background scene from somewhere…
- Thanks to this, we have a range of new options for you to play with. We will be adding more over time.
- Rebindable controls are in! For those of you with different control scheme preferences, we would love to hear your experience with this system.
- Better loading screen.
- Please be aware that we have not implemented full main menu support for controllers. In-game a controller still works a-okay, but you may need a mouse/keyboard to get started. Yes, we will fix this later.
- You can now save your game! This means you can quit the game and return later to where you left off.
- This is the first public pass of our saved game implementation, and it is definitely not fully bug-free. We want to hear about any issues you have with this system.
- We now have an automatic crash reporting system, which will run if the game crashes while you are playing. It will give you the option to upload to us a bunch of data about the crash, which will help us figure out a solution. It would help us greatly if you could click Yes if and when you crash but, of course, there is no obligation to do so.
- This won't include any personal information about you, but it may include some technical information about your PC.
- New suspicion and combat music! We wanted to make sure this music was a little bit more sinister and more appropriate for the time period, so you'll hear electronic instruments from the 1960s and a darker, creepier edge to the melodies/harmonies.
- New Wastrel barks! The Wastrels now talk as they always should have, and don't just repeat random Wellie sayings.
- We have updated the art in the Garden District with slightly improved buildings, props and signage.
- We have added height variation to the Garden District - so things should be a little less flat.
- We have spent a good amount of time improving the performance profile/framerate for users on the "low" quality setting. If you are having trouble running the build at a decent framerate, please try adjusting these quality settings. We are still interested in hearing about how the game is running on various PCs, so if you'd like to help us out, please post this feedback on our forums.
- We have done some work on improving the load times when the build is generating.
- A vast array of technical fixes have been implemented.